portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Song of The Day :: RICKY NELSON - MILK COW BLUES

  • Track Name

    Milk Cow Blues

  • Artist

    Ricky Nelson

Ricky Nelson - Milk Cow Blues (1960)

"Seems to me that the Kinks used Ricky Nelson’s rocking arrangement of Milk Cow Blues; every other version of Kokomo Arnold’s song sound much more bluesy.  Ricky Nelson with James Burton on guitar turned the song into something else entirely. " 

from Guess I'm Dumb . . . which he ain't! This rocks!

2 comments:

Jobe said...

Myself...I think Rick Nelson is really underrated when it comes to what he meant to R&R

Andy Swapp said...

Hi Jobe! Isn't that right?! He didn't 'travel' somehow to the UK so we missed out but I keep hearing stuff that gets me a rockin'!
This is the heart of rockabilly to me!
Top stuff
Hope this finds you well my brother in music
Thanks as ever for dropping by!
Keep on rockin'