portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Friday, October 27, 2023

Home again, home again, jiggety jog!

 Just a morning spent at my local hospital! Thanks guys  . . . . . Sealyman and Diamond Dave!

Usual stuff, five vials of bloods for them to play with, a new kind of scan ( I have had most!) a Fibroscan and liver monitoring, oesophageal problems and on it goes . . . . . . . .’bloody' hell! Surprised she could get a vein (they’ve been having trouble lately!) veins popping all over the gaffe and still she was a pro and reaped enough to fill a cup!

Anyhoo . . . . . this is for you guys!

4 comments:

Jobe said...

Brother, take it easy. Wishing you all the best. You are an indispensable when it comes to The Wagon, The Boot, and The Bookstore. And your friendship makes my life a little better. I don't know if your into him or not but all this talk of aging rock stars Robin Trower is hardly ever mentioned. The guy keeps putting out album after album of solid music. Over at The Bookstore I've posted his latest with Sari Schorr. This is music that DOES NOT require you to rack your brain over. Simply put this on and listen for musicianship that just grabs you and pulls you into it's void. IMO another GREAT Album.

Jobe said...

Oh one more thing when I say you don't have to rack your brain I mean it's just a guitar, a bass, a set of drums, an occasional keyboard and a vocalist. No tricks just the way music is supposed to be played.

diamonddave said...

Glad your on the mend neighbour. Had me kinda worried there for a moment! DD

Right, as Jobe (who, as you know, I too 'follow') recommends it, I'm off to d/l the latest Trower offering!!

Andy Swapp said...

Thanks boys! Have a great weekend! Took it out of me a bit but am fine . . . . .

thanks for messaging . . . Robin Trower has evaded me for reasons best known to someone else . . . . I will of course correct this immediately . . . . . .


bestests