portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Thursday, October 19, 2023

John Prine LIVE in Lafayette GA | The Blueridge Harvest Festival 2003 | FLOPPY BOOT STOMP :: JEREMIAH

 Speaking of Classic Country (or US American folk singers whatever you wanna call ‘em) there is this from Jeremiah over at the HQ of American music + FLOPPY BOOT STOMP

JOHN PRINE - LIVE IN LAFAYETTE GA 2003 - Floppy Boot Stomp


It is only just lately I have been able to play John after his cruel and untimely death from COVID-19 one of the first public stars I noted who got hit and why I get so cross with the anti-vaccine nutjobs like Morrison and Clapton funding such shit whilst getting THEIR jabs
If we had caught it earlier we wouldn’t have lost MILLIONS to the pandemic! [yes it is, check the figures = 3 million in 2020]

John was one of those of whom we were robbed!

This is of course a late delight (2003) so thanks as always go out to Jeremiah and the boys at FBS and VW for posting all they do. I dedicate this triumphant concert to those guys over in Merka!

John Prine

Blueridge Harvest Festival
Lafayette GA
2003-09-17
Soundboard @320

01. Spend the Night With Me
02. Souvenirs
03. Fish And Whistle
04. Grandpa Was A Carpenter
05. Picture Show
06. I'm Just Getting By
07. All The Best
08. Angel From Montgomery
09. You Got Gold
10. Dear Abby
11. It's A Big Old Goofy World
12. Illegal Smile
13. Sam Stone
14. Bear Creek Blues
15. That's Alright By Me
16. I Ain't Hurtin' Nobody
17. Hello In There
18. Lake Marie

Look at that tracklist not a duff song on it!

Each one a classic

“Awww baby spend the night with me

Visitor Dell dropped by and shared a link to this fine full set and concert from John over in Sweden on the 7th Feb ‘20. If anyone has links to the last gig on the 13th before John had to fly back home after contracting COVID we would appreciate it

Meanwhile here ’tis!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDQbmzYWYGo&t=1575s

John Prine, Full show at Gävle Konserthus, Gävle Sweden, 7 February 2020


“ I put out this album last year, ‘Tree of Forgiveness’. My wife and son encouraged me to do a new one and I thought I’d done one about a couple of years back and it turns out it was 13 years ago. Anyway the album kinda took off. Don’t know why!” John Prine

4 comments:

Dell said...

Thanks for sharing, a sad loss who is sorely missed. I am still trying to track down John's last gig in Paris on Feb 13 before he flew back to the US. In the meantime, this link chttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDQbmzYWYGo&t=1575saptures his 7 Feb appearance.

Andy Swapp said...

Aww thanks Dell. I’ll look out for it. The guys at Voodoo Wagon and Floppy Boot Stomp are worth putting a word in with if your searching. I will have a look around myself
Thanks so much for the link and even more for dropping by to say ‘Hi!’

Thank YOOOOO!

Dell said...

Thanks for the name drop Andy, sharing the Youtube link, along with the call out for John's last live performance.

Andy Swapp said...

The least I could do Dell. I spent a good part of yesterday listening and watching the concert you posted links to and despite his sitting throughout and clearly not being well physically that he can still sing and play for a two hour performance is astonishing! Staggering really! Lovely set
Always welcome here