portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Monday, October 09, 2023

Robert Fripp : FRIPPERTRONICS 5th October 1979, on NBC's Midnight Special...

 This from Robert Fripp’s Facebook page.  Now I really admire Robert Fripp and discovered him really through Brian Eno. I was aware of King Crimson but not really much of a fan apart from classic rock numbers like 21st Century Schizoid Man but really found them a tad hokey (it's a word and I know what I mean . . . . .)

but his work with Eno was much more interesting. The story of how Brian got him to play on Heroes in Berlin with David Bowie is a classic. His vids with his wife Toyah are of course hysterically funny and he is clearly besotted with the ex-punk rocker but isn’t everyone’s ahem, cup of tea but his solo videos on his work on guitar playing are exceptional and show a much more extraordinary serious side of the man! Technical as well as fascinating the man knows his instrument like few others.

So this clip is fascinating and really made me sit up and reassess what I thought I knew of the man



No comments: