portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Thursday, October 12, 2023

Rod Stewart And The Faces - Shake It On Down For Top Gear | FLOPPY BOOT STOMP | Brother Jobe


Rough N Ready 

Rock Steady 

A Blast From The Past 

THE FACES 1971 









As Brother Jobe notes there are versions of this boot hurtling around and the liner notes here contain track listing that is far from accurate so y’ere ’tis! 

Tracks 1-8 BBC Radio Broadcasts SundayConcert May 13th 1971, Tracks 9-11 BBC Radio Top Gear Sept 28th 1971, and 12. BBC Sounds of The Seventies (recorded April 20th 1971) 

1.Richmond
2.Bad ’n’ Ruin
3.Three Buttoned Hand Me Down
4.Maybe I’m Amazed 
5.I Wanna Be Loved
6.Love in Vain
7.Stay With Me
8.I’m Losing You
9.Stay With Me
10.Miss Judy’s Farm
11.Maggie May
12. Oh Lord I’m Browned Off (Sounds of The Seventies BBC Radio)

I think this is the year I hitchhiked all the way to Leicester to see them at the Polytech there. 
[Now the De Montfort University.] At their (drunken) peak! Who says you can’t play drunk! Stewart introduced them as ‘Ladies & Gentleman Matteus Rosé Ltd’ !! A couple of years later I went there to the Fine Art Department to do my degree.





No comments: