portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Thursday, August 08, 2024

Carnac Standing Stones - photo of the day (for Julian Cope)


Unknown, Menhir alignment at Carnac
Neolithic ca. 4250-3750 B.C.E.
Menec, Carnac, Brittany, France
greatest length of rows approx. 4000!


I know I went banging on about my old pal and rellie Geoff sending me the  follow up Julian Cope book to 'The Modern Antiquarian' in the European gazetteer companion volume to his studies of standing stones in 'The Megalithic European’ (now exchanging hands for £75+!)  but this struck me and I hadn’t seen it before; awesome shot and uncredited for reasons best know to someone else!


Check this out and hey?

LET’S GO THERE!


 
I think I found it at Art From The Future (always worth a visit)



 

No comments: