portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, August 31, 2024

Happy 79th birthday to Van Morrison!

St Dominic’s Preview - September 2nd 1997

Recorded at Temple Bar Music Centre

Dublin, Ireland 

TURN IT UP!


Happy birthday to the ole grumpy curmudgeon hisself! Born as George Ivan Morrison in Belfast on this day in 1945

"I'm doing stuff that I like. I've been successful as a singer and songwriter for a long time, six decades or something. So I'm just doing stuff that I like to do now, because I think that, to me, that was the whole point of being successful, is doing what you want to do. I mean, that was the whole point, yeah."

so right about now your face should wear a smile . . . . . 


Steve Baltin / Forbes Interview


as frequent visitor Dell posts out my dates are wrong and Van the Man is of course 79 this day and born in 31 August 1945 Belfast City

Don's Tunes

3 comments:

Dell said...

Old grump - but still cooking - Congratulation to the Man that is Van!

Dell said...

I though that he was born in 1945...

Andy Swapp said...

oops 79 indeed . . . . .never did so well in school me! Forgiveness is a great virtue dear Dell! and despite recent out put this song from not THAT long ago is astonishingly good . . . . . the last few diatribes and albums have been a stretch for me! Thanks as always for dropping by Dell