portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, January 21, 2024

Bonnie Raitt - I Feel So Damn Good - Non-Album Tracks (2007-2012) ALBUMS THAT SHOULD EXIST

ATSE Special : BONNIE RAITT - I FEEL SO DAMN GOOD - Albums That Should Exist

This is frankly superb! Paul does it again in making a compilation of some really choice prime live cuts from our Bonnie. If you are a fan ( if not what the heck are you doing here!?) then you must avail yourselves of this fine effort this will be my Sunday listening and no mistake!


Paul says:

"I started posting Bonnie Raitt stray tracks albums in 2019. I've posted nine of them so far, and I'm still at it. Here's the tenth, with two more to go.

This is the usual mix of released and unreleased tracks, with an unusual amount of duets. The first five songs are officially released, along with track 9, "Ain't Nothin' in Ramblin'." They're the usual mix of songs from soundtracks, tribute albums, appearances on other artists' albums, and the like.

The unreleased songs all have excellent sound quality. "Done Changed My Way of Living" is from a TV show appearance with no studio audience, and "A Sunday Kind of Love" is from a TV show appearance with an audience. The other two are from concert bootlegs. Since this is a mix of live and studio tracks, I used audio editing programs to wipe out the crowd noise on the live ones.

The bonus track is just a bonus track for two reasons. One, the sound quality is rough. (It's from an audience bootleg.) But also, it's a Marc Cohn that had Cohn singing most of it, and Raitt only on backing vocals. Still, it has a lot of good slide guitar work from Raitt, so I figured it was worth bonus track status, at least.

This album is 40 minutes long, not including the bonus track."


  1. Bartender's Blues (Bonnie Raitt)
  2. Walking the Dog (Bonnie Raitt & Weepin' Willie Robinson)
  3. Separation Blues [Mama's Gone, Goodbye] (Maria Muldaur & Bonnie Raitt)
  4. Premature (Toots & the Maytals & Bonnie Raitt)
  5. Yes We Can, Can (Maria Muldaur, Bonnie Raitt & Linda Tillery)
  6. Done Changed My Way of Living (Taj Mahal & Bonnie Raitt)
  7. She Caught the Katy and Left Me a Mule to Ride (Taj Mahal & Bonnie Raitt)
  8. A Sunday Kind of Love (Alicia Keys & Bonnie Raitt)
  9. Ain't Nothin' in Ramblin' (Bonnie Raitt)
  10. I Feel So Damn Good [I'll Be Glad When I Got the Blues] (Bonnie Raitt with Mike Finnigan) 
  11. 29 Ways (Marc Cohn with Bonnie Raitt) [bonus]




No comments: