portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Dylan of The Day : Bob and Clydie King : 'Abraham, Martin and John'

This was posted on the Facebook Fan page and I guess apart from being disappointed so few knew who Clydie was (sic)  = rumour since 1998* that she was ‘wife’, common law’ or otherwise number three and mother to his youngest two, this song was unknown and I felt it was so WELL known I almost thought it was in the American Songbook canon and possibly even a trad arr! (it’s not of course it was written by songwriter Dick Holler and made famous by Dion Dimucci c.1968) still you can’t have everything and I AM ancient and listen to gossip and read everything see below! for my source*)

So just enjoy the beauty of this!

* The Life and Loves of a Musical Icon - The Independent (Irish ed) 


Clydie passed away from blood infection complications aged 75 early in 2019

No comments: