portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Thursday, January 11, 2024


 As it was Joan Baez’s birthday this past couple of days ago [ 
9 January 1941 (age 83 years)]. . . . . . . someone posted this on Facebook

Photo of Joan Baez and Bob Dylan (1963)



“Strange it is to be beside you

Many years the tables turned

You'd probably not believe me 

If I told you all I've learned

And it is very, very weird indeed

To hear words like "forever", fleets

Of ships run through my mind, I cannot cheat

It's like looking in the teacher's face complete

I can say nothing to you, but repeat 

What I heard

That love is just a four-letter word.”



Bob Dylan and Joan Baez are photographed by Ken Regan during rehearsals for the Rolling Thunder Revue in October 1975 in New York City.


Sisters - Joan Baez & Mimi Baez-Fariña | circa 1960s




No comments: