portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, July 28, 2024

David Bowie - Space Oddity (Live) feat. Mick Ronson and The Spiders From Mars

 David Bowie

"Space Oddity" (Live)

I don’t think I have ever posted this and have said before the glam rock Bowie didn’t appeal to me and it was until his work with Brian Eno I really began to take notice. That doesn’t mean however I don’t appreciate his early work and I was aware of the BS Burroughs’ cut up techniques and Andy Warhol references etc I just didn’t buy any until Low I think . . . . . .this clip is great!

4 comments:

Jobe said...

So now that time has passed, are you still not fond of Bowie's "glam" period?

Andy Swapp said...

Oh I don’t think much of the glam period rockers (Gary Glitter anyone?!) but Bowie for sure. I appreciated the music from then Roxy Music et al but it was only really when Eno got together with Bowie and then 1977s plethora of album with bands like Talking Heads that I really got blown away! Spiders from Mars? Naaah!

Jobe said...

Andy, I loved Ziggy but loved Aladin Sane even more. Diamond Dogs never did much for me, but I attribute that to no Mick Ronson. I thought Pin-Ups was great too. I think the thing about Bowie is as he evolved he always kept something from the past with him.

Andy Swapp said...

Oh spot on Brother J! Never truer word in my opinion and I agree wholeheartedly!

Hope all is well with you n the gang
Thanks as ever for dropping by my brother