portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Thursday, December 28, 2023

From the Newsletter at FLAGGIN’ DOWN THE DOUBLE Es - RAY PADGETT


this interview is absolutely fascinating and indispensable for the avid Zimmy fan . . . . another gem from Ray at Flagging Down the Double Es  (click the link above for the whole article and interview )

"Earlier this year, I was poking around setlist.fm and came across an unusual comment on a Rolling Thunder 1976 setlist. It had been posted way back in 2015. It read, in part, “I was the audio engineer for this portion of the Rolling Thunder Revue tour. While I do not have a complete setlist for both the Mobile, AL and Austin, TX shows, I do have tapes of both shows. However, the songs have been combined into a single tape, so I don't know which song was performed at which venue.”

If you’ve read my other interviews, you know this immediately piqued my interest. So I reached out to this anonymous commenter. His real name, it turned out, was David Hendel. He did indeed do sound for the second half of the second Rolling Thunder tour, including the famous Hard Rain show. And he did indeed have tapes. So I called Hendel up to talk Rolling Thunder ’76.” Ray Padgett

No comments: