portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Friday, December 22, 2023

One for the Solstice - [3.27am here!] - YO LA TENGO : Winter A Go-Go (2003) | Guess I’m Dumb (you know it!)



Yo La Tengo Winter a Go-Go (2003)

"A song for the first day of winter - that keyboard reminds me of something off More Specials. “

On the beach overseasIcy water slaps at our kneesAnd the buoy was signalingAs if it knew we were far from homeAnd you looked at meAnd all I could seeWere the lights that were flickeringAnd suddenly we were all alone
Oh-oh-oh-ohIt's not an impossible thing to doAnd I'm helpless to do anything for youCan't keep from wondering
You were under a spellWaiting for time to tellIf I could, if I could you know I wouldAccept this moment and sympathizeThen you looked at meAnd all I can seeWere the walls closing in againAnd the desperation in your eyes
Oh-oh-oh-ohIt's not an impossible thing to doI know there's a better life for youI can't keep from wondering
Oh-oh-oh-ohIt's not an impossible thing to doAnd I'm helpless to say anything to youOh-oh-oh-ohOh-oh-oh-ohI want to see a better life for youBut I can't keep from wondering

Songwriters: Georgia Mia Hubley / Ira David Kaplan / James George Mcnew


No comments: