portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, December 30, 2023

Mike Heron - Feast onwards . . . .

forgot to post Feast of Stephen as I frequently used to on Boxing Day (look it up) as it reminds me of my brother Steve (always) so here goes more than just that with a live version with Robin in Bloomsbury and another revelatory song I found only recently on Mike’s album ‘Echo Coming Back’ another haunting song and just listen to the voices on choral back up including the mercurially voiced Linda Thompson

 A winter favourite ‘Feast Of Stephen’ Robin Williamson and Mike Heron live - Bloomsbury 1997


The original here which I adore and stands as a winters evening favourite from Smiling Men With Bad Reputations which I used to strongly identify with . . . . . . . 

 Mike Heron - Feast of Stephen - Smiling Men With Bad Reputations


and finally this . . . . . . check this out!


Singing The Dolphin Through 



 

No comments: