portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, December 09, 2023

The Hitchhikers ‘Not Another Chance’ | GUESS I’M DUMB | R.I.P. Aaron Spade

image

The Hitchhikers - Not Another Chance (1986)

For some reason, I was thinking about this local band from back in the 80s - we had some friends in common. I particularly remembered this wonderful rootsy power pop tune, which still sounds great to me. Tragically, it seems that Aaron Spade, the singer/songwriter, passed away a few months ago. He’d moved back to Massachusetts where he continued playing music with the Incredible Casuals and the Spampinato Brothers.


Sad to hear this and Guess I’m Dumb turns up trumps again (as always!?) with this great pop number! Bay Area band of no small following . . . . . 

Sorry to hear about Aaron but we are getting to that age I guess!?



No comments: