portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Friday, December 08, 2023

Taj Mahal LIVE Mystic Theatre, Petaluma, CA 2001-12-03 | soundaboard

This is really nice. Fine fine quality and a great performance. Now Taj is, or can be, somewhat frustrating if only that he never seems to play the same song the same way twice. This may be true of Bob Dylan but Taj for me is someone I come to expect when covering traditional songs like Corrina, Cakewalk Into Town, Fishin’ Blues or My Creaole Belle and especially a standard like Stagger Lee (which I collect versions and covers of extensively) to do it like I heard it on the record (sic!) so the variation can be ( I say can be) annoying if you rely upon him to sing it how you know it. However he os great man and while something of an iconoclast these are wonderful songs from a delightful and special evening where the grounds my shift under your feet but if you give in to it you WILL dig it! 

LIVE  
Mystic Theatre, 
Petaluma, CA  
2001-12-03



with multiple sources (you pays your money, or not actually, and you takes your choice) this is in high quality FLAC format


Fishing Blues - Taj Mahal 1993





No comments: