portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, April 17, 2022

Facebook News :: JOHN FRENCH plus Denny Walley article - Modern Drummer & Premier Guitar

"I noticed Denny's article down below*, which I had never seen before.  Thanks!  It reminded me of this article in Modern Drummer -- the ONLY article they've every published about me -- and what is the name of the section?  "What Do You Know About..."  LOL.  I really tried to convince them to include a couple of drum patterns with the article, but basically all they wanted to do was talk about Don.  Oh Well...  Isn't this mag supposed to be about DRUMMING?    

I asked the guy out of curiosity why they had never considered an article about me before and the writer said, 

“The editor didn't like you."  

I said, "What changed his mind?"  

“He died."  

“Well, lucky me!" I joked.


John French (Facebook)








Forgotten Heroes - DENNY WALLEY - Premier Guitar Magazine *




Denny at The Zodiac playing his 12-string Danelectro (sic!) Oxford UK June 6, 2005 photo ©️by Andy Swapp


John & Denny The Zodiac Oxford UK June 6, 2005 photo ©️ Andy Swapp


No comments: