portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Tuesday, April 19, 2022

NEWS - Blogs taken down

 FLOPPY BOOT STOMP & VOODOO WAGON

so disaster seems to have struck and fellow bloggers the legendary Floppy Boot Stomp and Voodoo Wagon have been taken down and for reasons best known to someone else! eBlogger has seemingly no appeal or right of appeal when the two blogs in question as far as I am aware discuss and offer links to Recordings of Indeterminate Origins only and house no recordings of concerts live or otherwise and certainly not officially released albums that in some way infringe any internet law or ethical position let alone deter some artist of making any funds from such. Indeed it is my opinion, which I am not alone in sharing, that ROIOs aid to publicise artist's back catalogue and serve to advertise said artist's continued work and I know of no site that does not encourage or indeed enable with links to official sources any such sales of artists legitimate legal and commercially available recordings. As Bob Dylan and others knew full well since the release of the Great White Wonder collection and indeed his own officially released Bootleg series such items aid to keep artists profile and interest alive. Not bootlegs, not illegally offered for sale items readily or commercially available elsewhere and through more supposedly legitimate sources. 

I hope all the guys involved can resolve the issue quickly and for the organiser and all their contributors can hold fast and wish them a speedy return to the blogosphere 


(Watch this space for any updates - brother Jobe has offered to keep me in the loop and I have separately asked for reasons from Google as to why such sites are removed. I will let you know here as soon as I hear any more) 

4 comments:

Jobe said...

I tried to leave a long comment but was prevented.

Jobe said...

Let's try this again. Part of the comment that I tried to post talked of the many many sites (without giving any specific names) that, are at this minute providing commercially released product. I also stated that with a few clicks I can download software that will enable me to download music from Spotify, Apple Music etc. Why us? As I explained in my comment (that when I tried to post I got an error message from Blogger, that has never happened before) I believe this all started when a disgruntled reader couldn't find the password to a show and complained to Blogger (speculation on my part) and this brought the heat on. I called The Boss (no response) to see what our next move will be. If nothing else I'll create a new Blog and make it private. I don't understand how I can easily download any piece of art copy it print it then sell it at any thrift shop, flea-market and not face consequences. There was more to the rant that was prevented from being posted but these are just a couple of things I could remember from it. (I'm about to post now, let's see if I'm prevented again)

Jobe said...

That one went through

Andy Swapp said...

Aaah sorry Jobe that could be my doing! I bumped it back up the top which on blogger means copy and paste the old entry and re-post as newer one! As I was doing that if there were comments coming or being written then they would be lost I think. Silly but wanted it back near the top!
Soldier on my friend
We’re with you ����☯️☮️����