portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Wes Montgomery - 'Twisted Blues' - Dust To Digital

 This from the brilliant Facebook page Dust To Digital . . . . . 


My dear brother Steve loved his jazz music (more than me) and amongst his heroes featuring many guitar greats was this man! Wes Montgomery!  Steve loved Charlie Byrd, Django and turned me onto people like Oscar Peterson and others but I don't think I shared much interest in cross overs and was distinctly rock and pop and folk fixated but looking at this and recently paying attention to the techniques of guitarists this struck me as to how extraordinary Wes' thumb stroke style is! Astonishing! Thanks Dusty people!

They say -

Wes Montgomery performing “Twisted Blues” in April 1965 with Harold Mabern on piano, Arthur Harper on bass, and Jimmy Lovelace on drums.

No comments: