portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Friday, April 22, 2022

Ian Dury & The Blockheads - Live Pinkpop Festival 1981 - FLOPPY BOOT STOMP

Aaaaah the Guvnor!

Now I have this in the vaults already but if you want a blast from the maestro you can do worse than this (noting that he played support to Uncle Lou Reed and gang t'other day see below) This is a peach and play it LOUD! The version I have although it doesn't say it I assumed was a Radio FM broadcast as the balance is fine and yet you can hear the audience screaming!


Ian Dury & The Blockheads
Live at the Pinkpop Festival
Damensportpark, Geleen, Netherlands 8.6.81



Soundboard/Pre FM Broadcast


Tracklisting :

1. Wake up and make love with me.

2.Clever Trever.

3.If I was with a woman.

4.Superman's big sister.

5.Dance of the Crackpots.

6.Plaistow Patricia.

7.Sink my boats.

8.I want to be straight.

9.Yes and no (Paula).

10.Hey, hey, take me away.

11.Billericay Dickie.

12.Oh Mr Peanut.

13.Hit me with your rhythm stick.

14. What a waste.

15.Sweet Gene Vincent.

16.Blockheads.

17.Sex and drugs and rock 'n' roll.




Total Playing Time 79:13

Ian Dury and The Blockheads - Live at PinkPop 1981 ::Wake Up Make Love To Me, Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll . . . 


Ian Dury & The Blockheads - Live at Pinkpop 1981

No comments: