portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Friday, April 01, 2022

The David Byrne NEWSLETTER!

 

Jazz fest in NOLA isn’t until the very end of April, but since I missed doing a playlist for Mardi Gras I thought at least I could do one for Jazz Fest.

Here’s a link to this years lineup. The AU band played there a few years ago and even though we were playing in the daytime (the neighbors won’t let it go into the night, I guess) on a plywood stage (in bare feet!) – IT WAS A JOY!

Obviously, if you glance at the lineup, it strays pretty far from jazz - but, there are stages that feature New Orleans and Louisiana’s homegrown music (if you want something other festivals don’t have).

Years ago when I did my “Uh-Oh” record and tour, I recruited the great George Porter of The Meters to play with us. He is a lovely man and a killer musician.

The food is good at jazz fest! One time some years ago (maybe I still had black hair), I was buying some gumbo and a young man pointed at me and said “I know who you are! I know who you are! You’re Norman Bates!” (Yeah, wait till you meet my mother)

I’ve dug into past and present for this playlist - mostly personal favorites... it doesn’t pretend to be unbiased.

Enjoy,

-David Byrne

Listen To April's Playlist!

Apple Music: Click Here

Spotify Music: Click Here

DavidByrne.comClick Here

Website
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram

No comments: