portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Song of The Day::Van Morrison - Purple Heather

  • Track Name

    Purple Heather

  • Artist

    Van Morrison

Van Morrison - Purple Heather (1973)


This from Guess I'm Dumb - [which he aint!?] and thanks for the reminder and 'Guess' notes this is the last the 'runt of the litter' of Van Morrison's extraordinary creative outburst of the late sixties into the early seventies . . . . . . but Hard Nose I discovered much later despite it not being in common view somehow I had stopped with St Dominic's Preview having bought the previous Astral Weeks (er OF COURSE!) Moondance, Street Choir, Tupelo Honey, . . . . . . Purple Heather is a great song for a peaceful Sunday too . . . . I did of course return with Veedon Fleece which I love after having bought the single 'Bulbs/Who Was That Masked Man'

Guess I'm Dumb says :

Van’s incredible run of LPs ended in 1973 with Hard Nose the Highway, the “runt of the litter”.  I have this LP somewhere in a box, but found it pretty awful when I listened to it once or twice - Kermit’s Bein’ Green? Really?

No comments: